A few weeks ago, a new Pokemon core game trailer was released. It featured the new region, characters, and the three starter Pokemon. I have to admit, this made me just as hyped as Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I will be talking about what I think about this trailer.

The reveal starts off with a few camera shots of the scenery in the new region of Galar. It sounds a bit weird… It is also the first region to not have an “O” sounding to it. You are then shown your house and the male & female protagonist you will be playing as. They have a bunch of clothing on which could mean that this region is cold. The male’s backpack also looks like a huge rectangle… After that, the player runs to a stadium (I’ll talk about that later) and then runs through one of the main cities. The city seems industrial and yet futuristic… I like it.

Remember Pokemon Let’s Go Pikachu and Pokemon Let’s Go Eevee? Well, this game comes back with wild battles! You can see returning Pokemon from generation 1 to the latest one, 7. Trainer battles also have a new style to it. Then you get camera shots of the towns, your character, and a stadium again. The stadium looks like what appears to be soccer or “football” as British people like to call it. Since this region is heavily inspired by Europe, sports must be the main theme of this Pokemon game.

Overall, I really liked the trailer. I don’t really see anything wrong about it other than the male’s backpack. The graphics have increased a lot after how much was limited on the Nintendo 3ds. I like how wild battles are making a comeback and the short glimpse of the trainer vs. you. Everything about it is pretty good! I do see a little of the Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon details being carried over and the never-ending happy death stare of your player. I don’t really enjoy that but it’s fine.

The next part of the trailer is the three starters. Scorbunny is the first one to be shown running on a rotating gear before jumping onto the grass. In my opinion, he is the coolest so far. He sets the grass on fire and then the water type is introduced by putting out that fire. Sobble is his name. He can turn invisible and seems very shy and is aware of his surroundings. He gets scared by some noise and then climbs up a tree. Last but not least, Grookey is shown. He is hitting a stick on a rock… BAM!!! The grass grew taller. He climbs up on an industrial building and that’s it.

My thoughts on this trailer are positive. They are not the graphics that will be shown in the game but it still looks very cool. It provides a natural atmosphere. The three starters are so cool and cute, it almost looks fake. I do think that Scorbunny could have had a better thought through name but it’s fine.

My hopes are at its highest peak right now. This could be the game that I’ve been waiting for. Better than generation 5? Nah… But it could be my second favourite! Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon disappointed me a little, especially since it is based on where I live. But that doesn’t mean I hate it. Please don’t let this game upset me, thanks!?

Notes:

• The regions map is shaped like the U.K. but upside down
  • There is a clock tower that is based on Big Ben
  • You can see the London Eye
  • The figure on the hill of one of the shots is based on Nazca writings
  • Scorbunny may evolve into big chungus…

Here is a link to the video.

CC Search